Friday, March 7, 2008

fires of sorrow

...sin, sorrow and suffering are, and it is not for us to say that God has made a mistake allowing them. Sorrow removes a great deal of a persons shallowness,but it does not always make that person better. Suffering either gives me to myself, ot it destroys me. You can not find or recieve yourself through success, because you lose your head in pride. And you cannot recieve yourself through the monotony of daily life, because you have give in to complaining. The only way to find your self is through the fires of sorrow. Why should it be this immaterial. The fact is that it is true in the Scriptures and in human experience. You can always recognize who has been through the fires of sorrow and recieved himself, and you know that you can go to him in your moment of trouble and find that he has plenty of time for you. But if a person has not been through the fires of sorrow, he is apt to be contemptous, having no respect or time for you, only turning you away.

written by Oswald Chambers

To those who have walked along side me through this firey storm.... from the bottom of my heart I thank you. Thank you for allowing me to cry, to grieve and mourn. You are treasures in my heart and in the Kingdom of God.

Thank you to my fellow mommies with a Little on in heaven who have shared their stories of loss and hope. You have lived out before my eyes 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of all compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our times of troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved from God."

My life will forever be blessed because you cared enough to comfort.

No comments: